Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

The Vintage Scene-What Is It Like Where You Live?


The photo above shows the DC skyline and the Pentagon near Interstates 395 and 295. This is my backyard. Well, not *actually* my backyard per se, but I do live in Northern Virginia. Washington itself is about 20 miles away. I often feel lucky to be living near the nation's capital but most of the time I feel a sense of disappointment because it seems as if I am the only vintage gal in town!

However, a couple of months ago, I did meet one the manager's of my local Trader Joe's and he was totally a rockabilly guy. He said he was from the West Coast and asked what the "scene" was like here in the DC area and I told him, "You're looking at it!" I know I am more than likely wrong but I have yet to come across another vintage guy or gal in the DC Metro region, especially here in the suburbs of Northern Virginia.

Whenever I visit New York City, Los Angeles, San Diego, Silicon Valley, or Las Vegas, I usually see vintage girls. This is especially the case in LA and NYC. When I was in Vegas in March of this past year, I visited the MAC Cosmetics Pro Store in The Caesars Forum Shops. Not only did I get some great makeup, I also got to meet other vintage girls working there! It felt so great to finally meet other vintage enthusiasts face-to-face!

So, what is the vintage scene/community like where you live? Or are you, like me, pretty much the only vintage gal in town?

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar