Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Guest Post: Simple and Quick Nail Art by Sandra!


Hi everyone! My name is Sandra and I am a beauty obsessed mum behind The Black Pearl Blog.  I like to ramble about makeup, skincare and home decor and I love photography :) When I found out that lovely Shona is looking for guest posts, while she is recovering after her operation, I happily offered my help :) I love nail art, so a quick tutorial seemed like a good idea :)

I recently rediscovered the magic of dotting tools and I have been creating various designs on my nails. It is a simple way of making your manicure look more interesting and fun and all you need is a super cheap dotting tool. You can order dotting tools from ebay and amazon, but for those who don't shop online - a Bourjois dotting tool is now available from Boots and Superdrug.

Instead of using a normal nail polish as a base, I went for leather effect one from nails inc. It is a nude shade called Soho Mews and I absolutely love it. It dries in about 30 seconds and I always reach for it, when I want my nail to dry fast. For the dots I used Ciate Pom Pom - a bright red with orange undertones. I think that the two colours and textures work really well together.

Using a dotting tool is very easy. You simply pour a tiny amount of your chosen nail colour onto a plastic or metal surface (I used a kitchen knife- weird choice, I know), dip one end of the tool in the nail polish and apply it onto your nail. You can practice on paper, if you are not sure how to do it :) It doesn't have to be perfect and as you can see on the photos below - my dots are irregular. You can create many designs with dotting tools, from simple polka dots to fancy flowers or a real masterpiece :) 


Sandra
theblackpearlblog.com

A note from Shona: Thanks Sandra for sharing your simple nail art tutorial! This has reminded me that I have a dotting tool lurking around somewhere!


Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar