Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Review of Poly Palette 500 Dark Blonde: this dye fights brass, darkness and roots at once! But there's a catch!



If you know my favourite dyes for my light ash brown hair you know I love the 536 shade in the Noble Browns collection by Poly Palette, the perfect ash brown shade. The only problem is that it turns darker every time you use it, because brown on brown hair builds up to the darkest result it can become.

Having light brown hair, it's always about finding a shade to get the previous result a bit lighter or darker again. Using the same shade every time usually doesn't work. It makes hair darker or lighter than desired.

This time I found my hair a bit too dark and I wanted to try a lighter ash shade in this Noble Browns collection. Unfortunately, the Noble Browns collection is super limited. I took a gamble and chose this very "green" looking color, aka this shade that look like it has a green undertone, which is ashy enough for me, even though the shade name does not include the word "ash".

The color chart looked good. It wouldn't turn my ashy medium brown as light as the girl on the box. It would still keep it light brown/dark blonde, which is what I like.

My hair was nice and disgusting to show the difference: I had brass, unevenness, darkness and roots growing out.

The dye fought all of these problems, it was amazing! Just look at the difference!

But there's a catch. These dyes, as usual, are very cheap and very drying! OMG my hair is so brittle after using these, I can barely comb through it and it is super painful. Also, you need to buy two boxes of these if your hair is longer than the shoulders or it turns a bit patchy, or either it washes out super quickly cause my hair looked brassy again after a week or two.

I love the result, but the short lasting effect is not worth it. I prefer Garnier Belle Color 4 Ash Blonde or L'Oreal Excellence 6 Dark Blonde.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar