Ok folksickles, I had a thought to have a new "column" in here that I'll be calling Arrivals and Departures which is essentially a two-parter that will happen monthly (or as applies). Departure blogs will contain items that aren't empties but that are going to be given away for one reason or another. The only thing you won't be seeing in arrivals are items I'm given for consideration - two reasons for this 1. is that it's no fun if you anticipate all the reviews coming your way and 2. technically it's frowned upon at work to share the products you receive on social media platforms. Very few people, to my knowledge, have been reprimanded for it but I'm not taking my chances over minuscule things. May was a month where I allowed a budget expansion because I was traveling and wanted to treat myself a little bit on account of several stressful things that occurred.
1. NYX Avant Pop Palettes in Art Throb, Nouveau Chic, and Surreal My Heart: I bought these on vacation, which makes them kind of special to me even though, obviously I could purchase them here but I was out at Walgreens shopping and saw these and got kind of crazy excited so I had to get them right then and there. These are really beautiful, some of the colors are slightly chalky but overall the texture of the shadows is smooth, pigmented and I would assume primer or a white base would really help the colors work their best. I am thoroughly impressed and happy with this purchase.
2. Colourpop Super Shock Cheek in Hippo - This is something I've been wanting to get because I was under the impression that this would be a really cool lavender highlight with teal and pink duochrome overlay awesomeness. Sadly no. This is a very pinky lilac, it's pretty but I'll have to use it some more before making any decisions about how I feel about it.
3. Sugarpill Liquid Lip Color in Trinket -After three months of waiting for my order to come in, due to complications on Sugarpill's end, it's finally here. Completely worth the wait. I love it. I mean if I just bought something and it ends up in favorites a week later you know it's a great product. A very pretty nude tone that doesn't wash me out, goes with everything, and tastes/smells yummy. Dig it.
4. Colourpop Ultra Satin Lip in Rabbit and Marshmallow: I decided to pick up a few of these to try. Marshmallow being a cult favorite grey-lavender tone that I have to say I LOVE and Rabbit which is this gorgeous fuchsia with a blue duchrome. The wear on these is really comfortable, they don't feel dry, and they're on the matte side which is nice because they still give you that matte look.
5. Colourpop Super Shock Shadow in Belladonna Lily, Effect, Fantasy, and Dare: Other than Effect, these are colors I've seen before and really wanted to get my hands on. When I was ordering these I was looking at swatches though and once I saw Effect, I had to have it. These are so fun, beautiful, and for the most part very summery, can't wait to put them on my peepers.
6. Colourpop Ultra Matte Lip in Jellies: I've been wanting to try this out for some time now and they finally had it back in stock so I decided it was time. It's a deep royal blue and I was kind of hoping for it to be more dark than light so I'm glad that that's the case.
7. Colourpop Lippie Stix in Nevermind: I've been looking for a more price-conscious dupe for Anastasia's Potion and I think this is it. Very pretty vampy dark purple.
5. Colourpop Super Shock Shadow in Belladonna Lily, Effect, Fantasy, and Dare: Other than Effect, these are colors I've seen before and really wanted to get my hands on. When I was ordering these I was looking at swatches though and once I saw Effect, I had to have it. These are so fun, beautiful, and for the most part very summery, can't wait to put them on my peepers.
6. Colourpop Ultra Matte Lip in Jellies: I've been wanting to try this out for some time now and they finally had it back in stock so I decided it was time. It's a deep royal blue and I was kind of hoping for it to be more dark than light so I'm glad that that's the case.
7. Colourpop Lippie Stix in Nevermind: I've been looking for a more price-conscious dupe for Anastasia's Potion and I think this is it. Very pretty vampy dark purple.
8. Makeup Forever HD High Definition Pressed Powder: I really like this powder in particular for under-eye concealer because it keeps my concealer from creasing but, because it's a silica product, it also keeps the under-eye from developing texture throughout the day. My only silica powder was loose and I needed something easy to travel with so I picked this up.
9. Sephora Collection Dry Clean Instant Brush Cleaner Spray- Another item I picked up because I was traveling. This is a great small-sized spray cleaner for your brushes. It does a pretty good job of cleaning product off your brushes, doesn't take long to dry, and smells pretty good.
10. Givenchy Prisme Libre Magnolia Couture Edition - So, this is the color-correcting quad of loose powder from Givenchy, I had gotten the pink brightening one earlier this year because my group won some sort of contest so it was in my goody bag. I feared the pink one would make me look more red but it actually provides a beautiful glow and I love it. This one I've been meaning to pick up an try out because I like the idea of color-correcting in a subtle way and this powder does just that. Now I thought about waiting around to pick it up but when this gorgeous limited edition packaging launch I just had to have it. This is so gorgeous and I'm really excited to play with it.
11. Sephora Collection Diamond Eyeliner in Canary: I picked this up because it reminded me of MAC Pearlglide in Blackline. I really like the idea of having the definition of a black liner but with the illuminating properties of gold.
12. Sephora Collection Pro Brow Comb #21: This is a re-buy. I had this brush and I LOVE it. I love that this has metallic teeth that don't break off over time like plastic versions of this brush do. However, my old brush started to fall apart at the ferrule and then I wrecked it trying to open a box with it (don't do that sort of thing!) so I decided to just pick up another one.
13. Sephora Collection Colorful Eyeshadow in Mermaid Tail: With a name like mermaid tail... I mean... be still my heart. This is a really pretty purplish color with a green duochrome and I'm excited to play with it.
14. Makeup Forever Star Powder in 940: Like... ok... I've been trying to find a dupe for this far and wide, especially in a pressed version, with no luck. It's a beautiful white-gold-champagne tone with an intense pinkish duochrome which is gorgeous. Typically I find the pink duchrome in a base without any gold and I was picky and wanted something that had both. Alas, I finally gave in and bought it, fun times.
15. Makeup Forever Pro Sculpting Face Palette in 20: Alright so, I know contouring has been trendy forever and I feel like I've finally somewhat mastered the powder contour. Creams were something I found intimidating and never owned any because I couldn't pick a color. I love that the contour in this palette is cool-toned, thus making it really appropriate for fairer skin tones. It looks really shadow-like. I've played with this once so far but I like it thus far.
16. Tarte Tartelette in Bloom Palette: I have been eyeing this palette since its launch. The colors are beautiful and good for everyday occasions and the quality is just really stellar. All the shadows are buttery, smooth, and easy to blend; including the mattes. It is a mostly matte palette but I love the metallic colors in here and how they add texture. Very beautiful palette. Digging it.
17. Beauty Blender Solid Brush Soap: Another re-buy. I completely ran out of mine and needed to pick up more just because it makes me feel better that it takes all the crud out of my face brushes.
12. Sephora Collection Pro Brow Comb #21: This is a re-buy. I had this brush and I LOVE it. I love that this has metallic teeth that don't break off over time like plastic versions of this brush do. However, my old brush started to fall apart at the ferrule and then I wrecked it trying to open a box with it (don't do that sort of thing!) so I decided to just pick up another one.
13. Sephora Collection Colorful Eyeshadow in Mermaid Tail: With a name like mermaid tail... I mean... be still my heart. This is a really pretty purplish color with a green duochrome and I'm excited to play with it.
14. Makeup Forever Star Powder in 940: Like... ok... I've been trying to find a dupe for this far and wide, especially in a pressed version, with no luck. It's a beautiful white-gold-champagne tone with an intense pinkish duochrome which is gorgeous. Typically I find the pink duchrome in a base without any gold and I was picky and wanted something that had both. Alas, I finally gave in and bought it, fun times.
15. Makeup Forever Pro Sculpting Face Palette in 20: Alright so, I know contouring has been trendy forever and I feel like I've finally somewhat mastered the powder contour. Creams were something I found intimidating and never owned any because I couldn't pick a color. I love that the contour in this palette is cool-toned, thus making it really appropriate for fairer skin tones. It looks really shadow-like. I've played with this once so far but I like it thus far.
16. Tarte Tartelette in Bloom Palette: I have been eyeing this palette since its launch. The colors are beautiful and good for everyday occasions and the quality is just really stellar. All the shadows are buttery, smooth, and easy to blend; including the mattes. It is a mostly matte palette but I love the metallic colors in here and how they add texture. Very beautiful palette. Digging it.
17. Beauty Blender Solid Brush Soap: Another re-buy. I completely ran out of mine and needed to pick up more just because it makes me feel better that it takes all the crud out of my face brushes.
Please let me know if you've got any questions or comments.
Disclaimer: Everything you see listed above was purchased by yours truly.
0 Yorumlar